Edison, NJ (February 26, 2020) The 2020 Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo, the northeast’s premier saltwater fishing event, returns to the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center Friday, March 13 through Sunday, March 15. The Saltwater Fishing Expo hosts the area’s most comprehensive schedule of fishing seminars from some of the biggest names in the industry including “Crazy” Alberto Knie, Nick Honachefsky, legendary angler Al Ristori, Captain Frank Crescitelli, Gene Quigley, Shell Caris, Jim Freda and more. Topics include everything from surf casting and inshore fishing, to offshore and canyon fishing, bait rigging, and rod building.
The annual event provides the ideal setting to stock up on everything needed to kick off the saltwater angling season, featuring more than 200 exhibitors and sales on the newest boats, products, charters and outfitter bookings for saltwater fishing and travel.
“We have a tremendous show planned this year, and there’s no better place to learn from expert anglers ahead of the season,” said Tod Alberto, Show Manager. “With this year’s talented lineup of seminar speakers, packed schedule of activities and show features and a huge variety of exhibitors and products, it’s the perfect place to prepare for your next adventure on the water, whether you’re a seasoned angler or just starting out.”
2020 Saltwater Fishing Expo seminar speakers include:
- Alberto Knie– “Crazy” Alberto Knie is an IGFA World Record line class holder, consultant for various fishing manufacturers and founder of Tactical Anglers, Inc. Alberto’s expert tips on catching trophy-striped bass and other species of fish will help every angler.
- Nick Honachefsky – The IGFA All Tackle world record holder, best-selling author and television contributor calls the Jersey Shore his home but avidly fishes the waters of Caribbean, Central America and Mexico. Nick will be leading seminars on Jersey surf exotics.
- Al Ristori– A longtime charter boat captain and former New York state record holder for a 409-pound mako and 1,022-pound bluefin tuna, the legendary Al Ristori will host a “Tips for Catching Big Stripers” seminar.
- Gene Quigley – As the co-owner of Shore Catch Guide Service, the Northeast’s largest fly and light tackle guide service, Gene is no stranger to fishing. Gene has been fishing the inshore and offshore waters for over 35 years and will teach guests how to reel in trophy bluefin tuna and striped bass.
- Shell Caris– Renowned local surf fisherman, Shell Caris, brings over 60 years of experience specifically targeting striped bass. Additionally, Caris was part of NBC Sports hit show, “On the Water.” Shell will teach showgoers how to find success through advanced surf and jetty tactics.
- Jim Freda – Captain Jim Freda is a highly respected charter captain, author, seminar speaker and photographer. Captain Freda has been fishing the inshore and offshore waters of the Jersey Shore for 40 years and will instruct show attendees on how to catch the best striped bass, bluefish, false albacore, bluefin, yellowfin and mahi.
- Cast Net Demonstrations from TV talent Captain Frank Crescitelli – Captain Frank Crescitelli of Discovery channel’s “The Fin Chasers” will be providing instruction on how to toss a cast net to catch bait.
Additional 2020 Saltwater Fishing Expo highlights:
- NEW Seminar – Filleting & Preparing Fish You Catch – Learn from the experts on how to make the most out of your big catch.
- Trout Pond – Filled with over 500 pounds of trout, the catch-and-release fishing pond is the best way to introduce youngsters to fishing. Free for kids 11 and younger and $5 per visit for ages 12 and over! Rod & bait will be provided for all!
- Fishing 101 Interactive Center – Experts will be available throughout the show to provide one-on-one personalized insight and hands-on demonstrations geared to new anglers. Techniques being taught at the center are geared to both experienced anglers and those new to the sport looking to learn the basics.
- Fishing Simulator – Fun for anglers of all ages, show goers can spend the day rolling up their sleeves and trying their hand at an ultra-realistic, thrilling fishing simulator.
- Fight Captain Greg in the Great White Challenge – Stop by and see the fiberglass mount of the massive great white shark caught by Captain Greg Dubrule, which was landed after a 5-hour battle off the coast of Rhode Island. Attempt to out-muscle Captain Greg by strapping on a harness attached to fishing line and try to power across the finish line while he is strapped into the fighting chair with a rod and reel.
- Family Day – Sunday, March 15 – Allchildren 11 and under receive free admission into the exposition when accompanied by a paying adult, and the first 100 will receive a free Daiwa rod and reel combo upon entry. Once inside, they can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist results in a prize at the Giveaway Booth.
- Rod’s Go Free – Friday, March 13 – Kick off the exposition with a splash! Since it’s hard to go fishing without a “Rod,” anyone named Rod, or variations of, will receive free admission with a valid form of identification. Winning “Rods” are encouraged to use the hashtag #RodsFishFree to celebrate on social media.
Tickets are on sale now at saltwater.sportshows.com.For more information, check out the show online or visit the Facebook page, and explore the hashtag #SaltwaterFishingExpo. About the Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo®The Progressive InsuranceSaltwater Fishing Expo is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.brought to you byofficial show sponsors.