The 2020 Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo, the northeast’s premier saltwater fishing event, returns to the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center with a vast selection of vendors, speakers and special events, making it an ideal one-stop-shop for expert anglers upgrading their equipment, and novice anglers of all ages interested in fun on the water. Featuring the top fishing brands and local retailers, show-goers can compare and shop deals on newly released and hard-to-find products for any fishing adventure.
The three-day event will showcase more than 200 exhibitors selling thousands of saltwater fishing products, from new boats and kayaks to an array of accessories including fishing rods, reels and lures. The annual event also features free daily seminars lead by nationally recognized experts.
Additional event highlights include:
- NEW Seminar – Filleting & Preparing Fish You Catch: Learn from the experts on how to make the most out of your big catch.
- Fishing 101 Interactive Center: Experts will be available to provide one-on-one personalized insight and hands-on demonstrations geared to new anglers. Techniques being taught include knot tying, bait rigging, reel maintenance, rod building and repair, pouring your own molds, mojo fishing 101, fly tying and more.
- Casting Pond: The 50’ casting pond provides the ideal place to try out one of the many new rods and reels on display with manufacturers and retailers, or to learn how to fly cast. Instructors will teach the basics of fly casting geared to novice anglers, regardless of age. Each day will come with seminars by experienced fly casters on varied techniques.
- Fishing Simulator: Grab the rod and hold on to hook a big one at the realistic fishing simulator. Watch on a large screen TV as the fish that’s been hooked jumps and dives while the pull on the line exactly simulates the action of the fish. Fun for anglers of all ages.
- Family Fun: On Sunday, March 15, children ages 11 and under will receive free admission into the exposition, with the first 100 children receiving a gift upon entry (while supplies last). Once inside, children can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist results in the opportunity to visit the Grand Prize Giveaway Booth, where all participants will receive a prize. Plus, free fishing for kids 11 and younger at the Trout Pond every day of the show!
- Rod’s Go Free: Friday, March 13 kicks off the exposition with a splash! Since it’s hard to go fishing without a “Rod,” anyone named Rod – or a variation of the name – will receive free admission with a valid form of identification. Winning “Rods” are encouraged to use the hashtag #RodsFishFree to celebrate on social media.