Edison, NJ (February 26, 2020) The 2020 Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo, the northeast’s premier saltwater fishing event, returns to the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison, NJ from Friday, March 13 through Sunday, March 15. The expo is the ideal one-stop-shop for anglers of all ages and experience levels to upgrade equipment, polish their skills and kick off the fishing season.
The annual three-day event will feature more than 200 exhibitors — including top fishing brands and local retailers — showcasing the newest saltwater fishing products, boats and accessories, plus charters and outfitter bookings for saltwater fishing and travel. The show is also known for its fishing seminars, featuring regional and nationally-recognized industry experts covering a wide range of topics.
Families can enjoy an array of activities for all ages, including trying their hand at an ultra-realistic fishing simulator; learning the basics of fly casting at the 50-foot Casting Pond; and experiencing the fun of sport fishing at the Trout Pond, a catch-and-release fishing pond filled with over 500 pounds of trout. Other features include photo opps with the Miss Geico racing speedboat, which can reach speeds of up to 180 mph, or the chance to duel Captain Greg Dubrule in the Great White Shark Challenge.
“We have a great show planned, and there’s no better place to stock up on the latest fishing gear and shop deals on hundreds of products ahead of the saltwater angling season,” said Tod Alberto, Show Manager. “With all the incredible seminars, speakers and activities on the schedule for this year’s show, there is something for anglers and boating enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels.”
Additional expo highlights include:
- NEW Seminar – Filleting & Preparing Fish You Catch: Learn from the experts on how to make the most out of your big catch.
- Family Day – Sunday, March 15: All children 11 and under will receive free admissionwhen accompanied by a paying adult, and the first 100 will receive a free Daiwa rod and reel combo upon entry. Once inside, kids can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist results in a prize at the Giveaway Booth.
- Fishing 101 Interactive Center: Experts will be available at stations throughout the show to provide personalized one-on-one insight and hands-on demonstrations. Techniques being taught at the center are geared to both experienced anglers and those new to the sport looking to learn the basics.
- Cast Net Demonstrations: Captain Frank Crescitelli of show The Fin Chasers will be providing instruction on how to toss a cast net to catch bait using his patented simple method.
- Rod’s Go Free – Friday, March 13: Since it’s hard to go fishing without a “Rod,” anyone named Rod, or variations of, will receive free admission with a valid form of identification on March 13. Winning “Rods” are encouraged to use the hashtag #RodsFishFree to celebrate on social media.
Tickets are on sale now at saltwater.sportshows.comFor more information, check out the show online or visit the Facebook page and explore the hashtag #SaltwaterFishingExpo.About the Progressive® Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo®The Progressive Insurance Saltwater Fishing Expo is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.